Keeping a roof over your family is an important responsibility. Let’s say you are paying monthly instalments for your house and suddenly something happens to you… where does that leave your family? You could leave them with an unexpected financial burden they may find impossible to bear. They could end up losing their home. With TMP – FT, it can help you maintain that responsibility.
TMP - FT is a single contribution plan offered exclusively to the Government Housing Loan Division borrowers. It is a specially tailored Takaful plan providing you with comprehensive protection in the event of death or total and permanent disability. You are also entitled to potential surplus sharing if there are no claims at the end of the tenure.
What are the benefits under this plan?
- Upon Death or Total and Permanent Disability (TPD), your family need not be unduly burdened because with TMP - FT, it helps to reduce or settle the home financing amount in one lump sum.
Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) means a situation where the Covered Participant:
- Becomes permanently and completely unable to engage in any work, occupation or profession for any compensation, remuneration, profit or gain for the remainder of his lifetime;
- The Covered Participant suffers either:
- totally and irrecoverably loses sight in both eyes;
- totally and irrecoverably loses by severance one (1) limb each at or above his wrist and ankle, or two (2) limbs at or above the wrist or ankle; or
- totally and irrecoverably loses sight in one (1) eye and totally and irrecoverably loses by severance one (1) limb at or above the wrist or ankle
- Additional benefit is payable in the event of death of the Covered Participant, Covered Participant’s legal spouse and/or children. The benefit payable is as follows:
- Death of Covered Participant - funeral expense of RM1,000
- Death of Covered Participant’s legal spouse (if any) -funeral expense of RM1,000 (limited to one spouse only)
- Death of Covered Participant’s legal child (if any) - funeral expense of RM 500 per child (limited to two children under the age of 20 years old)
Who can participate in TMP - FT?
TMP - FT is offered exclusively to the Government Housing Loan Division borrowers up to 65 years old, at the nearest birthday.
How much coverage do you need?
Your coverage amount should cover at least the home financing amount.
What are the major exclusions under this plan?
No benefit is payable if the cause of TPD is due to the following but not limited to:
- Attempted suicide or attempted threat, war, terrorist activities, civil commotion, riot, strike, private aviation activities, alcohol or substance abuse and hazardous activities such as, but not limited to, racing, mountaineering and the like.
Note: The list of exclusions is not exhaustive and reference should be made to the comprehensive list contained in the Certificate/Master Certificate.
- Wakalah fee (Representative fee) is 20% of Single Contribution
- Surrender - Upon early settlement of the loan, the Covered Participant may opt to:
- Surrender the takaful certificate and will get the surrender value based on the portion of the Single Contribution less a surrender charge, or
- Continue with the coverage until expiry
- Family Risk Fund – Single Contribution paid (less Wakalah fee) for this certificate will be contributed to the Family Risk Fund for the benefit of the Covered Participants and financial protection based on Takaful principles. As a reward for managing and administering the Family Risk Fund, the Takaful Operator is entitled to an incentive fee equal to 80% of any surplus arising. The balance 20% on any surplus arising will be distributed among eligible Covered Participants.
Note : Please use Internet Explorer for the Calculation of Estimated Monthly Repayment of Loan
For more information, please call HSBC Amanah Takaful (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. Customer Service at 1-800-88-9659.
Please note that the information set out on this page is merely to inform the public of the range of products / proposed products – all such products are ultimately subject to the provisions contained in each of their respective Takaful Certificates and any proposal for Takaful coverage is subject to the acceptance of the Takaful Operator (HSBC Amanah Takaful (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.).